Make a donation
Maintenance DIY Support
Location: Mount Noddy Animal Centre
Reports to: Centre Manager/Animal Operations Manager
purpose of this post
To assist with general DIY maintenance (non professional trade work ie no plumbing, electrical etc), working under the direction of the Centre Manager or Animal Operations Manager.
task and responsibilities
- To carry out small DIY jobs.
- To assist staff and other volunteers with movement of small and large items of equipment, following all health and safety guidelines and directions provided.
- To assist staff with the weeding of the agility paddock.
- To assist with gardening tasks such as weeding and planting in designated areas around the centre and in the Copse.
- To assist with the cleaning of the windows (not reception) around the centre.
- Under direction, to ensure that the storage areas are kept tidy and clear of rubbish.
- To keep the gutters clear of leaves and other debris.
- Sweeping paths
- Cleaning Mount Noddy Animal Centre vehicles (inside and out)
- To abide by all health and safety guidelines as directed by the centre only use tools such as the strimmer once shown how to.
- To attend appropriate training courses as directed by the centre.
we are looking for people with
- Experience of carrying out general diy jobs.
- Awareness of health and safety guidelines
- Good clear, communication skills and willingness to follow instruction.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good time keeping and reliable.
while volunteering all persons are required to
- Adhere to the Branch’s charitable objectives, which are to promote kindness and prevent cruelty to animals.
- To fully comply with RSPCA Sussex West Branch’s policies and procedures, ensuring these are carried out in relation to the post.
- To be an ambassador for the Branch and represent the Branch in a professional, non-judgemental manner at all times.
- Not to act as a spokesperson for the Branch to the media.
- To return any equipment, ID and/or uniform issued if you at the end your volunteer role with the Branch
apply for this role
Mount Noddy in Eartham are fantastic and wonderful and really helpful and they are so informative.