Make a donation
Location: Mount Noddy Animal Centre
Reports to: Reception & Information Coordinator
purpose of this post
To support the Reception & Information Coordinator on reception with answering queries over telephone and email and completing a varied range of administrative tasks.
Opportunities are available seven days a week including statutory public holidays. Our reception is open to the public 10-4pm:
We asked volunteer to commit to at least on shift per week to allow us to plan ahead. Applicants to nominate availability as well as hours available when applying.
tasks and responsibilities
- To assist with enquiries via the telephone and face-to-face.
- To answer the telephone in a polite and confident manner, assisting the caller where possible or passing on the caller to someone who can help.
- To take messages from telephone callers and people visiting the centre, ensuring that all relevant information is detailed and clear.
- To complete administrative tasks including correspondence and other IT work, desk top research, filing, photocopying & shredding.
- To receive deliveries and keep the reception clear of packages at all times.
- To keep the reception desk clean and the reception top free of clutter.
we are looking for people with
- Willingness to commit to at least one shift per week to allow us to plan ahead.
- Good clear, communication skills and ability to follow instruction.
- Good customer care skills and a polite, helpful manner.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Conscientious with a can-do attitude and understanding of confidentiality.
- Good time keeping and reliable.
- A passion for animals and their welfare.
while volunteering all persons are required to
- Adhere to the Branch’s charitable objectives, which are to promote kindness and prevent cruelty to animals.
- To fully comply with RSPCA Sussex West Branch’s policies and procedures, ensuring these are carried out in relation to the post.
- To be an ambassador for the Branch and represent the Branch in a professional, non-judgemental manner at all times.
- Not to act as a spokesperson for the Branch to the media.
- To return any equipment, ID and/or uniform issued if you at the end your volunteer role with the Branch
apply for this role
Mount Noddy in Eartham are fantastic and wonderful and really helpful and they are so informative.