Make a donation
Location: Mount Noddy Animal Centre and in and around West Sussex
Reports to: Centre Manager
purpose of this post
To collect donated goods from Mount Noddy Animal Centre and rotate stock and admin paperwork between the four charity shops located in West Sussex. To drive our vehicles for other events.
Tasks and responsibilities
- To collect and transport donated goods from Mount Noddy Animal Centre and transport stock and admin paperwork between the four charity shops.
- To collect donated goods from individual households as and when required.
- To collect other donated goods such as pet food as and when required.
- To comply with the branch’s/centre’s rules and regulations.
- To carry out a small amount of administrative work at the start and end of the journey.
- To be a polite and considerate driver and to keep within the speed limits and parking regulations.
- To report any accident or damage to the vehicle immediately.
All volunteer drivers must ensure that they use the van for RSPCA purposes only and that they are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol whilst driving the vehicle. Any speeding or parking fines incurred will be the responsibility of the volunteer driver.
We are looking for people with:
- Drivers with a valid driving licence and experience of driving vans.
- Willingness to commit to at least one Wednesday shift per week to allow us to plan ahead.
- Courteous driver with a polite, helpful manner.
- Ability to lift bags/boxes of donated goods into and out of the vehicle safely.
- Good clear, communication skills and willingness to follow instruction.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good time keeping and reliable.
while volunteering all persons are required to
- Adhere to the Branch’s charitable objectives, which are to promote kindness and prevent cruelty to animals.
- To fully comply with RSPCA Sussex West Branch’s policies and procedures, ensuring these are carried out in relation to the post.
- To be an ambassador for the Branch and represent the Branch in a professional, non-judgemental manner at all times.
- Not to act as a spokesperson for the Branch to the media.
- To return any equipment, ID and/or uniform issued if you at the end your volunteer role with the Branch
apply for this role
Mount Noddy in Eartham are fantastic and wonderful and really helpful and they are so informative.